As part of the department of Climate, Atmospheric Science and Physical Oceanography, our research group studies fundamental physical processes that govern terrestrial climate change, with emphasis on observations and particular attention to the Earth’s polar regions. One recent major research mission is our AWARE Mission – Go directly to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography AWARE Mission website Click Here.
AWARE Team Arrival at McMurdo Station 06 November 2015
- The ARM West Antarctic Radiation Experiment (AWARE) DOE – ARM
- Atmospheric spectroscopy and spectroradiometry for cloud physics and cloud-aerosol interactions.
- Satellite remote sensing of the Antarctic atmosphere and energy balance at the ice sheet surface.
- Field and aircraft measurements of atmosphere-ice interaction in the high Arctic.
- Activity of solar-type stars as analogs of climate-related solar variability.